• Engines mounted forward. Instead of putting the Cummins diesels directly in front of the pods, they are moved farther forward to more evenly distribute the weight around the boat's longitudinal center of gravity. This keeps the 550 from having excessive bow rise and allows for the ride at a more sedate 5-degree bow high attitude. The Zeus pods are located well aft, under the crew quarters berth, and a jackshaft connects the engines to the pods.
• A 58' Yacht that runs Fast and Effecient. Best cruise for the Prestige 550 S is 25.8 mph (41.5 kph), and the boat gets 0.63 miles per gallon (mpg) or 0.27 kilometers per liter (kpl), giving the boat a cruising range of 327 miles (526.26 kilometers)
• Low draft. Because her pod drives are in tunnels and she is of a moderate displacement her draft is only 3’ 8’’ (1.17 m), which is shoal for this size boat.
• Two control stations. The salon is home to the full helm station. In addition, an optional third station in the cockpit is available.
• Versatile VIP sleeping. Virtually every boat on the market in this class has a queen bed in the forward cabin. This is fine for a couple, but what if you are have two men or teenage children to accommodate? Prestige has thought of that and had built its queen bed so that it can be split into twins with each berth being moved to the hill sides. We think this is a super design.
• Private entrance to a huge master. Most yachts in class have one access to all accommodations. One problem with this design is that much valuable space is wasted on a long passageway. By creating a separate staircase to the master stateroom Prestige provides not only more privacy, but also more usable space for a walk-in closet and larger head.
• Four Stateroom 58' Yacht. Full beam master stateroom, Forward VIP, Forward 3rd Stateroom, Captains Quarters!!
• Unique Flybridge Sunpad Relaxation Area on an Express. Prestige makes good use of the Express Cruiser Roof by adding a huge sunpad that allows forward roof space for a salon sunroof! Talk about the best of both worlds!