Advanced Throttle Control Features
On the handlebars, the entire FX line includes RiDE, Yamaha’s dual handlebar throttle controls that deliver the utmost control moving forward or in reverse. RiDE could not be more intuitive. The right handlebar lever is forward. The left is reverse. At speed, the left handlebar lever will also slow you down. Release both right and left levers and the watercraft is in neutral. No shifting. No gears. The only thing to think about is how much fun it is to RiDE.
In addition to having the most advanced throttle control system on a personal watercraft, the FX line also receives five-position electronic trim, which is a first for Yamaha WaveRunners®. Electronic trim allows the rider to adjust the handling characteristics of the watercraft on the fly from a looser, more playful feel to a more planted, high-performance experience.
Next Generation NanoXcel Hulls, Decks, and Liners for SVHO Models
New for the FX Cruiser SVHO and FX SVHO is the second generation of Yamaha’s proprietary lightweight NanoXcel hull, deck, and liner material. NanoXcel 2 reduces the weight of FX SVHO models by 46 lbs while maintaining the structural integrity of the watercraft. To create NanoXcel 2, Yamaha engineers innovated at the microscopic level using a combination of “nano” clay and glass micro-bubbles to develop a stronger resin that uses less material. The glass micro-bubbles used in NanoXcel 2 are smaller and stronger than other filler materials, contributing to the strength, rigidity and light weight of the new hulls and decks.
Yamaha Super Vortex High Output Marine Engine
The FX Cruiser SVHO and FX SVHO get their name from the Yamaha Super Vortex High Output marine engine that delivers more power and torque than any other Yamaha WaveRunner engine. The SVHO engine features a high-performance intercooler, increased supercharger air intake capacity and boost, and a modified fuel injection system for increased fuel flow. Under the waterline, the SVHO engine is matched with a 160mm eight-vane pump for maximum thrust volume and paired it with a top loader intake grate to optimize its efficiency and hookup in rough water. Matched with the NanoXcel 2 hull and deck material, the result is extraordinary power and thrust in an extremely lightweight package, delivering a superior power to weight ratio.
Key Comfort and Convenience Features on Yamaha’s FX Models Include:
- Yamaha’s exclusive theater seating on all FX Cruiser models
- Adjustable handlebars that give the driver the feeling of utmost control and comfort
- RiDE - Yamaha’s dual throttle controls that deliver the utmost control at all speeds.
- Cruise Assist and No Wake Mode that set and hold a consistent speed while cruising or towing or setting a perfect no wake speed for those long no wake zones
- Storage under the hood, a watertight storage at the helm, a helm storage box, watertight storage under the rear seat, and even a convenient stern swim platform storage for wet items
- Yamaha’s exclusive pull-up cleats on Cruiser® models
- Yamaha’s exclusive remote transmitter security system and Low RPM Mode, which can reduce fuel consumption by up to 26 percent
- Yamaha’s Command Link® instrumentation controls that make it easy to control the instrumentation functions
- Multi-function electronic information center that includes speed, RPM, fuel level, low fuel warning, hour meter, and even water temp.