Shape: S-shaped hull.
Deck design: Teak deck, completely refitted in 2012.
Superstructure: Wood with 5 layers epoxy West Ship system, the hull is painted white in 2011 (2 components).
Keel/Leeboard: Long keel construction with overhanging stern.
Rudder: Wooden rudder, reinforced with stainless steelarnished teak steering wheel.
Steering system: Varnished teak steering wheel.
Windows: Laminated glass in a frame of teak and covered with copper tubings. Teak hatch on the front deck with windows.
Load displacement: approx. 45.000 Kg
Ballast: approx. 15.000 Kg
Vertical clearance: approx. 23,50 m
Boatyardformer: English yard
Designer: unknown, but most probably an Englisch designer
Restoration 1997 - 1999:
During this period the yacht has been brought back to its original design, based on an extensive historical expertise by Spencer Rigging in Cowes (UK). Complete restoration of hull, interior & all installations, carried-out by Dradisa-Vilanova in Spain under supervision of Spencer Rigging.
Several changes to hull, carried out on Ibiza in Spain.
Restoration 2008 - 2015:
Extensive restoration, bringing the yacht back into excellent condition with modern equipment. Main activities during this period:
• Replacement of 27 oak frames.
• Full overhaul of hull epoxy system with AWL Grip epoxy painting system.
• Partial new teak deck, replacement of all joints.
• New helmsman arrangement.
• Extension front side of the doghouse, mainly for ventilation purposes of below-deck accommodation.
• Outside exterior, new AWL Grip epoxy painting system. All teak wood covered with a 12 layer varnish system.
• Improvement of rudder bearing arrangement.
• Main engine overhauled and new gearbox.
• Complete new propulsion shaft arrangement. Main engine has been moved forward in the saloon to create more living space below deck.
• New generator, including advanced cooling water & exhaust gas valve control system for optimum protection of generator set.
• Upgrade of steering system. New pump at helmsman console and the complete steering gear power pack has been overhauled. Now frequency controlled for precise autopilot steering, less electrical power consumption under sail and power steering by joystick during manoeuvring.
• Complete overhaul of all hydraulic & manual winches.
• Interior changes: new saloon and galley arrangement, new bathroom arrangement, the locker arrangement in Owner’s cabin have been changed.
• Inside exterior, all mahogany interior wood coloured & protected with a 6 layer varnish system. New painting system of hull inside & ceiling.
• New high power maintenance free heavy duty Rolls batteries. Total installed power about 1000Ah @ 24Vdc.
• Extra 230Vac/24Vdc battery charger.
• Complete renewal of electrical installation, with all equipment properly protected in fiberglass reinforced control boxes. New main switchboard. New 24Vdc distribution. Usage of reliable PLC technology. Totally installed cable length: about 1700mtr.
• Extra 24Vdc/230Vac inverter for small consumers.
• Complete new chart table layout, with all navigation, communication & control equipment in new panels.
• Navigation & communication. New radar/chart plotter, new instruments, new VHF, new AIS receiver.
• Improved lighting arrangement, exclusive lighting fixtures, more light in salon & cabins.
• New bilge pump systems.
• New compressors for fridge & freezer.
• New drink water system.
• New grey & black water pump systems.
• New black water tank.
• Complete overhaul of air conditioning systems in salon & owner’s cabin, including new circulation pumps & electronics.
• Ventilation exhaust for galley equipment & shower compartment.
• New oven & cooking plate.
• New entertainment system.
Heavy displacement, S-framed long keel construction with overhanging stern. Carvel built - Iroko planking (50mm thickness) on double-constructed white oak frames, frame distance: 450mm, bronze fastened.
During last renovation period 27 frames are partly/completely renewed by new oak frames.
On each side of the hull a stainless steel outrigger is constructed as an integrated part of the hull for the rigging of the main mast. Inside the boat a stainless steel reinforcement frame is positioned at main mast feet / outrigger position for optimum load distribution of the forces during sailing.
Additional lead ballast is mounted on both sides of the keel to ensure optimum stability under full sail conditions.
Transversal deck frames with Okume plywood base plating, covered with Burmese teak deck planking. Teak deck completely refitted during last restoration, including renewal of all rubber.
Construction of cap rails, gangways and all further constructive parts of are made out of teak. Integrated cockpit with teak sides.
To ensure safety on board, both sides are equipped with 50cm high bronze pillars and gold-coloured railing line, giving an exclusive look.
All teak on deck, except for deck with new painting system: 2-components, International primer, AWL Grip High Gloss varnish system. Total 12 layers.
Flush deck layout with spacious area at mid deck and minimum of obstacles for quick & safe passage from aft to fore deck. Well-thought deck arrangement for easy handling of sails & rigging (back-stays). All deckgear made out of bronze and wood with finest details, custom made by Spencer Rigging, bringing the yacht back into original state.
Doghouse & ventilation:
A doghouse, made out of 40mm teak is situated at centreline of the yacht in front of the cockpit. The doghouse is giving access to the accommodation space below deck. On both sides two layered glass windows are mounted in teak frames and protected by copper round bars.
At front side of the doghouse two new ventilation trunks are constructed, each equipped with dorade box and stainless steel cowl vent with Titantuff (maintenance free) high gloss gold coloured finish. Ventilation trunks are for forced exhaust ventilation of galley & toilet/shower. In both trunks a classic deck lighting armature is mounted.
In between ventilation trunks a locker is situated for storage of deck accessories. Inside locker a 230Vac Cee-form socket for work on deck.
At aft side, next to entrance, a panel is mounted with 3 maxi navigation instruments.
A spacious cockpit is situated in front of the helmsman console. Complete back seat / sides made out of teak. Both sides of cockpit do give access by two hatches to lockers below cockpit.
Cockpit is equipped with:
• Two support ornaments for mast support poles.
• Two oval bronze portholes, which can be opened, for outside lighting of guest cabin.
• Two new bronze shell vents for natural ventilation of accommodation.
• One compass, including lighting, with brass plated pedestal.
The cockpit is of the self-draining type with draining by gravity and by means of a small collecting tank, situated under floor of cockpit. For further system description see section “tank systems”.
Complete new set (not used yet) of cushions for cockpit in white/beige colour.
Make: Zitstof, Markilux, year 2013.
Helmsman console, made out of teak with split covers for access to all navigation, communication & control equipment. Inside access by means of hatches in front and aft side of console.
The hydraulic operated steering wheel is positioned between helmsman console and mizzen mast for easy/precise manual steering/manoeuvring.
Inside helmsman console, by opening front hatch of helmsman console > access to emergency helm steering lever.
Inside helmsman console equipment:
• Shore connection sockets, 1x230Vac-16A & 1x230Vac-32A.
• Junction box for all helmsman console equipment.
• Rudder feedback sensor for autopilot.
Top panel helmsman console equipment:
• Engine control panel, including start/stop.
• Steering gear control panel, including power steering joystick.
• Autopilot control unit.
• Navigation instruments.
• Remote control for maxi navigation instruments at doghouse.
• Loudspeaker for VHF at chart table.
• Socket outlet for portable floodlight.
Deck store fore deck:
Spacious deck store, accessible by a hatch from deck. The windows are protected by copper round bars.
Covers & exterior protection:
Completely new set of sail covers and tarpaulins - as described above, helmsman console, steering wheel, hydraulic winches, anchor winch & deck hatches.
New bimini, covering cockpit, wheelhouse and mid deck.
New cover for cockpit.
Make: Zeilmakerij Stellendam, Markilux, colour: beige, year: 2012/2013.
Two double-opening teak hatch with (new) layered glass windows, protected by copper round bars.
• 1x at centreline mid deck, right after main mast for lighting of owner’s cabin.
• 1x at centreline fore deck, in front of main mast for access to store.
• 1x gangway, length about 2.3mtr, made out of teak, with “Sky” inscription and 50cm bronze pillars and railing line. The gangway is mounted by a pinion arrangement in the stern.
• Stainless steel bathing ladder, which can be mounted aside hull on portside.
Bronze fittings with new eye bolts, bronze bollards, backstay eyes, hand and sea railing.
STEERING GEAR SYSTEM:
One (1) new innovative steering gear power pack is installed in starboard cockpit storage locker, further mentioned as steering gear compartment. The hydraulic power pack is serving a double-acting cylinder arrangement, connected to the rudder stock under helmsman position, for the control of the rudder.
The power pack is designed for following functional controls:
• Autopilot control in manual/auto mode.
• Non follow-up power steering at helmsman console control panel, especially usage for manoeuvring in harbour.
The electric pump motor of the continuous running power pack is controlled by a PLC and frequency controller, mounted in the steering gear control box, situated in the locker in between the beds in the guest cabin. By means of the frequency controller, the pump speed can be adapted to the sea-state/weather conditions, minimizing the power consumption. In addition the PLC is providing additional intelligence for even better power management by switching the controller on/off under very stable course conditions.
Power supply for steering gear unit is either from generator or via the main 24Vdc/230Vac inverter. Last supply used when under sail, where the consumption is from board net batteries.
Control of the system at chart table panel and on helmsman console.
All hydraulic hoses are completely renewed. Under the power pack a drip tray is mounted to avoid spill of hydraulic oil.
Cockpit drain system:
In addition to drainage by gravity, a new extra drain tank with membrane pump is mounted below the cockpit. The drain tank is also collecting the water from the portside & starboard storage lockers, which can be entered by the hatches in the cockpit.
Capacity of drain collecting tank: app. 40 Ltr.
Each storage locker sump is equipped with a small 24Vdc bilge water pump (new) that is automatically discharging the drain water into the collecting tank.
A manual/automatic 24 Vdc membrane pump (new) is discharging the drain water directly overboard. The pumps are controlled by PLC logic and are situated at chart table panel with running, level & high level indicators.
Material, colours: 2011 - 2014: The whole interior has been renewed with Honduras mahogany
Upholstery, curtains: Dark blue leather uphaulstery (2014) in the saloon, all matrasses have been renewed in 2014
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.